Saturday, 17 May 2008

Oh dear bye bye bead

I am so frustrated with myself.
When I did my first real jewellery course 2 years ago we made a bead as one of our projects. and I love that bead. I wear it on a piece of tigertail all the time. Its simple and I made it.
Anyway I decided to make a pair of earrings to match.
So I made two perfect silver beaded earrings. I finished them and they are beautiful and shiny. They would go perfectly with my first bead but my first bead is 2 years old and not so shiny anymore - it also has a few scratches that look suspiciously like file marks. So......... I decided to polish it up. and wouldnt you know I dinged my original bead! So now I have a pair of earrings and no necklace to match. I think I am going to ding the original bead all over with my dapping punches and possibly add a few balls and holes to match my dinged up earrings I already own and make another necklace to match my new earrings.

Link to the dinged earring story

No comments: