Thursday, 21 December 2006

Monday, 18 December 2006

finished mannequin

I have finished one mannequin. I think it came out quite well.
It always surprizes me how strong paper mache is.
I am going to try and make the other 3 out of plaster paris as I am running out of time.
Still waiting for the first one to dry.
If it works it is mass production here I come.

Saturday, 09 December 2006

Pendant changed

I changed the pendant when I started making it.

It was supposed to have the stone at the bottom with the triangular bit at the top but I attached the bail on the wrong side.
I liked it that way, so I left it.It seems to work.
The stone stuck in the bezzle when I was checking the size even though
I had used the floss method to pull the stone out. The floss slipped.
The bezzle was still a little high so I had to file it down with the stone still in - not a good idea.
The corners are ok
But I was a little disappointed at the top corner as it just was not as neat as I wanted it to be.
I guess with practice I will get a little better.