yikes Janice from Doxallo designs tagged me now I need to list 7 random or weird things about myself and tag 7 more people.
Finding 7 fellow bloggers that havent been tagged yet is almost impossible so I have chosen 7 people who I admire on the JAN forum for one reason or another. Sorry if you have been tagged yet again.
Thinking of 7 wierd or random facts about myself is extremely daunting.
Here are the rules
Rules -1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
These are my facts
1. I am extremely untidy and yet I am a perfectionist when I make or do something.
2. I hate making mistakes.
3. I remember lots of small insignificant details about everything but forget big things like baseball matches and birthdays.
4. I have a fiery temper.
5. I dont wear make up because I always feel like a little girl dressed in her mothers clothes when I do .
6. I am afraid of heights.
7. I love playing with lego.
And here are my 7 victims
Friday, 05 December 2008
I started this pair of earrings about 2 months ago.
I tapered the wire for the tear drop with my rolling mill - I love my rolling mill. Then formed it around one of my dapping punches and hammered the subtle texture.
I made the claw settings - so I had a few tries before I was happy about them and they were the right size. I swear stones shrink.
The first earring was well behaved and did exactly what I wanted. The second earring was a different story alltogether.
As I got the stone set - the claw came completely off the frame. UUgh so I made a new one and when I was checking to see if it fitted the stone flew across the room and I still havent found it.
So I bought a new stone - which is much prettier and a little bigger then the first set of stones.
but the stone fitted beautifully.
These were formed with 4mm thick perspex, rubber from an old pair of slip slops and a vice.
The texture on the silver ones was from a piece of grass paper found in a scrap book shop.
The green earrings are formed copper - enameled with smashed beads and set in sterling silver with a little flower pierced out the back of the earrings - because I felt like it.
I love those earrings - I have given them to my sons teacher as a christmas present - I hope she loves them as much as I do.