Sunday, 22 April 2007

Charleans Ring






This is about the 5th ring like this that I have made.




You would think that it got easier, but I really battled with this one. I am not exaggerating when I say that I soldered the bezzle to the shaft about 7 times before I was happy. The worst part is I think I shoud have left it the first time as it was only slightly skew and not as noticeable as all the problems you get when you heat something over and over again.

















I love this ring.It was made for a friend for a friend.

When I was making it I decided the band was too small even though I had used the correct formula so I cut another piece of silver and made another band guessing how much I was out by.

The final ring was way too big.

I couldnt face removing the stone and making it smaller so I made a new ring with a much bigger stone. Using the band I made in the first place. LOL.

No comments: