Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Enamels

I was really lucky to get a few enamels for christmas - and now that the festive season is over and the kids are back at school I have finally got to play with them. It took me a whole weekend to make a sample sheet. and another to make these experimental pieces.All are copper and enamel.
The forms were pressed using my vice, perspex and my husbands slipslops (beach shoes) which I cut up. The stripes on the big one are made using a foldforming technique right out of one of my new books - foldforming by Charles Lewton Brain.


3 comments:

Janice said...

Very very cool Nikki!! I too was playing with enamels recently - but I busted my only really good result when I tried to put it in that necklace - so I turned to resin to fill it in. I love your colors - wish I could see them larger!

Swati said...

Oooh! Enamels! Can I see bigger pictures?

Tracy said...

These look great! Me three on the bigger photo though...