Tuesday, 30 October 2007
Saturday, 27 October 2007
Saturday, 20 October 2007
These earrings are made out of copper, sterling silver and resin.
The 3rd attempt at filling these earrings with resin was succesful.
Needless to say I learnt a few things when making these earrings.
1. I need a thicker frame - the circles kept changing shape and I spent a lot of time reshaping them.
2. The frame needs to be stuck onto clear packaging tape - not brown packaging tape.- The sticky brown stuff on the brown tape sticks to the resin and makes a mess.
3. The resin that takes longer to set is worth the wait. - The resin in syringes seems to set with a oily look at the top. and I couldnt sand that resin.
4. You need to sand by hand.
5. longer setting resin is a lot thinner then the 5 minute stuff and tends to run under the frame even though the it seems to be sealed. I used the 5 minute stuff just on the edges this seemed to work well but that part of the pendant didnt sand nicely. next time I will try sealing it with super glue.
I sold these earrings to a lady named Sally I hope she loves wearing them.